Tour highlights include:
- Jefferson Park – A small neighborhood park with a great view of downtown Richmond. The park is also the site of the 1925 Church Hill tunnel collapse, which buried an entire locomotive that remains buried till this day.
- Brown’s Island – Home to a number of pathways and trails, Brown’s Island is also a popular venue for free outdoor festivals and concerts throughout the spring and summer, the island
- James River – The setting of the first permanent settlement of the British Empire at Jamestown, the James River is Virginia’s largest river, flowing across the entire state.
- Church Hill – The place where Patrick Henry gave his famous “Give me liberty or give me death” speech, Church Hill’s cobble-stoned streets and gas lantern charm and delight.
- The Capitol – Designed by Thomas Jefferson, Virginia’s State Capitol is home to the oldest continuously elected law-making body in the Western Hemisphere.
Reservations are required.
Length of Tour: $59 for an approximately 2-hour tour.
Please arrive 45 minutes before your tour starts for a safety training class.
Please dress according to the weather. Flat bottom closed back shoes are highly recommended.
You must be 14 years of age and 100 lbs to ride the segway.
What a great way to see parts of the City of Richmond you might not otherwise see. The guides were great, the training was patient, and the trip was just as fun as it could be. We took the River City tour and saw some beautiful and scenic sections of Richmond. After our training and with the conscientiousness of our guides we were able to totally enjoy the scenery and the experience.
Watch River City Segs’ Twitter feed for exclusive deals and the latest info: